The Damon Difference
More Than Just Straight Teeth
The Damon System is not just a new product, it's a whole new way of treating patients. Conventional treatment often requires removal of healthy teeth and/or the use of palatal expanders to make space. This approach is often uncomfortable, takes longer, and can leave a narrower arch and a flat profile. Damon smiles are full, natural 10-tooth smiles achieved with light biologically-sensible forces, and are specifically designed to improve the overall facial result of each patient.
Damon passive self-ligating braces that eliminate the need for elastic or metal "ties". With Damon tie-less braces you can experience treatment without tightening.
Light, high-technology, shape-memory wires that move teeth faster and require fewer adjustments.
A new clinically proven treatment approach that aligns your teeth and enhances your facial aesthetics - usually without extractions or rapid palatal expanders.
Why Should I have braces?
Smile with Confidence.
Our smiles are a big part of our identity and how we are perceived by our peers. Consider this - in a recent survey of more than 1,000 Americans (age 18 and over), 72% of the respondents agreed that people of all ages with healthy straight teeth are typically treated better in social situations than those with noticeably crooked teeth. Conversely, nearly half said that crooked teeth leave a negative first impression. With the breakthrough technology of the Damon System, it´s easier than ever to improve your smile and experience the difference:
- Confidence to excel in school, work and personal life.
- Clearer speech for interviews, public speaking, etc.
Compared to some of the other "extreme" cosmetic procedures available today, improving your smile is one of the most valuable investments you can make to improve your overall appearance for a lifetime.
A Straight Smile is a Healthy Smile
A nice smile is not only beautiful, it also promotes good health:
- Straight and evenly spaced teeth are easier to keep clean, providing better oral health. Properly aligned teeth chew more efficiently, which can aid in digestion. Ideally aligned teeth create a more perfect bite, which can reduce stress, headaches, and strain on your supporting bone and tissue.
- According to the American Association of Orthodontists, crooked and crowded teeth are hard to clean and maintain. This may contribute to conditions that cause not only tooth decay but also eventual gum disease and tooth loss. When left untreated, many orthodontic problems become worse, contributing to abnormal wear of tooth surfaces, inefficient chewing function, excessive stress on gum tissue and the bone that supports the teeth, or misalignment of the jaw joints, which can result in chronic headaches or pain in the face or neck. Treatment by an Orthodontist to correct the original problem is often less costly than the additional dental care required to treat more serious problems that can develop in later years.
Uncompromised Results with the Damon System
Some advertised removable clear aligners may seem like a tempting alternative to real braces. However, clear aligner trays require continuous compliance and don´t move teeth as efficiently as real braces, so even the simplest crowded cases can take far longer to complete. Whether your smile needs minor improvements or more extensive correction, the Damon System treats even the most challenging cases such as overbites, underbites, and even crossbites with higher quality results, in far less time and with greater comfort than aligner treatment or even conventional braces.
Improving your smile is faster, more comfortable, and more discreet today than ever and has a dramatically positive impact, so the question isn't why should you straighten your teeth, but why wouldn't you?
How long do I wear braces?
Get In and Out...Faster
With the Damon System, treatment time is typically shorter than with conventional braces. And shorter treatment time means fewer appointments and a beautiful smile...faster. You may be surprised at how fast.
- 6 months shorter treatment time
- Significantly fewer appointments
Does it hurt?
More Comfort with Tie-Less Braces
The days of having braces tightened are over. This revolutionary new approach to orthodontics ensures greater comfort throughout treatment. That's because Damon System braces have a unique slide mechanism that allows your doctor to use far lighter forces to move teeth to their correct positions. So not only is your treatment shorter, it is also far more comfortable. Many people experience little to no discomfort in treatment.
Will I need teeth pulled?
For the Face, Not for the Space
With conventional braces, Orthodontists are often forced to pull teeth in order to create space for crowded teeth. No one likes to have teeth removed, and a smile with a full display of teeth often produces a broader, natural smile and a nicer profile. The Damon System uses biologically sensible forces which work with the body's natural adaptive processes to create space naturally, so doctors using the Damon System can now treat most cases without extraction.
In the few cases which still require extraction, space is made to improve facial balance and symmetry to provide a natural smile and profile that will last as you age. Teeth are removed in less than 5% of cases, in patients who typically exhibit bi-dental incisor protrusion.